Introducing CityCoins

CityCoins give communities the power to improve and program their cities.

NYCCoin is the next CityCoin

Start mining NYC today!
Learn More

How it works

CityCoins are powered by Stacks, a protocol that enables smart contracts on the Bitcoin network.

STEP 1

The community mines to create CityCoins

Mining CityCoins is performed by forwarding STX tokens into the smart contract in a given Stacks block, and is a one-way process. Miners are rewarded with new CityCoins tokens.

STEP 2

Stackers receive the STX spent to mine the CityCoins

70% of mining rewards are distributed to people who chose to stack their CityCoins (Stackers).

STEP 3

The city's reserved wallet grows

30% of mining rewards are sent (in STX) to a city's custodied reserve wallet.

The city can claim this and convert their STX to USD whenever they want.

How it works

CityCoins are powered by Stacks, a protocol that enables smart contracts on the Bitcoin network. Anyone can compete to mine CityCoins by forwarding their STX tokens through the Stacks protocol.

30% of miners’ forwarded STX is directed into a wallet reserved for each city, and the remaining 70% can be stacked to earn STX and BTC.

Learn More

Mining CityCoins

CityCoins are mined by forwarding STX into a CityCoins smart contract on the Stacks protocol. The winner of each block reward is selected randomly, weighted by total STX spent. CityCoins are claimed by the winning miner and can then be stacked to earn returns in STX and BTC.

Stacking CityCoins

CityCoins can be locked on the Stacks protocol for a voluntary period of time, earning STX as a reward. The rewarded STX comes from the 70% of forwarded STX from CityCoin miners. The earned STX can be further stacked to earn BTC.

MiamiCoin

The first CityCoin has launched in the Magic City.

Start mining MIA today.

Learn More

Vote for your City

Cast your vote today to support your favorite city.

Vote for your CityCoin
map image
SFO icon
San Francisco, CA
MIA icon
Miami, FL
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Coming soon
Supporters
Amanda Cassat
Amanda Cassat
Co-founder Serotonin, prev. CMO Consensys
Balaji Srinivasan
Balaji Srinivasan
Angel Investor, a16z and Coinbase
Ryan Hoover
Ryan Hoover
Product Hunt Founder
Patrick Stanley
Patrick Stanley
CEO, Freehold

The community has spoken