MiamiCoin

Mine, stack, and support the Magic City while earning Bitcoin in your sleep.
Get $MIA

MiamiCoin is the first CityCoin to market, built to support the Magic City while rewarding its holders through the Stacks Protocol.

How to get MiamiCoin?

How it works

MiamiCoin is powered by Stacks, a protocol that enables smart contracts on the Bitcoin network. Anyone can compete to mine MiamiCoin by forwarding their STX tokens through the protocol.

30% of miners’ forwarded STX is directed towards a wallet reserved for Miami, and the remaining 70% can be stacked to earn STX and BTC.

Learn More

Mining CityCoins

CityCoins are mined by forwarding STX into a CityCoins smart contract on the Stacks protocol. The winner of each block reward is selected randomly, weighted by total STX spent. CityCoins are claimed by the winning miner and can then be stacked to earn returns in STX and BTC.

Stacking CityCoins

CityCoins can be locked on the Stacks protocol for a voluntary period of time, earning STX as a reward. The rewarded STX comes from the 70% of forwarded STX from CityCoin miners. The earned STX can be further stacked to earn BTC.

MiamiCoin is the first CityCoin to market.

Start mining $MIA today!
Get $MIA

Learn more about MiamiCoin

What is MiamiCoin?

Read Less
Read More

MiamiCoin is the first CityCoin to market, going live soon. MiamiCoin is a cryptocurrency powered by the Stacks Protocol, which enables smart contracts on Bitcoin.

MiamiCoin ($MIA) is a way for people to support the Magic City and grow its crypto treasury while earning STX and BTC for themselves. MiamiCoin can be mined or bought by individuals who want to support the Magic City and earn crypto from the Stacks protocol.

MiamiCoin provides an ongoing crypto revenue stream for the city, while also earning STX for $MIA holders. MiamiCoin can be mined or bought by individuals who want to support the Magic City and earn crypto from the Stacks protocol. MiamiCoin additionally benefits holders by allowing them to Stack and earn BTC through the Stacks protocol.

The city of Miami can elect to use its growing crypto treasury to benefit the city and its constituents — think new public spaces, improvements to infrastructure, hosting city events, recruiting startups, and more.

Get $MIA

Why Miami?

Read Less
Read More

Miami has long been a center of culture and innovation in the States. In the last year, we have witnessed it take center stage as a technical powerhouse among major US cities, particularly in the realm of crypto and blockchain technology. Developers and entrepreneurs have moved to the city en masse under the recognition of strong network effects, a supportive government, and a culture defined by constant evolution and disruption.

Has the city of Miami partnered with CityCoins?

Read Less
Read More

The city of Miami has not partnered with CityCoins. CityCoins are grassroots initiatives. As communities grow around CityCoins, they can encourage their mayor to claim the reserved city treasury wallet and begin putting its funds to use.

30% of the STX that miners forward in order to compete in the earning of MiamiCoin will go directly to the wallet reserved for the city. The city of Miami may decide at any time to claim the wallet’s funds.

What is the MiamiCoin treasury? How can Miami use its treasury?

Read Less
Read More

The MiamiCoin treasury consists of STX, which is sent by miners when they forward the funds to a Stacks smart contract for the right to compete in a mining competition. 30% of the STX forwarded by miners makes its way into the city treasury. Whenever the city wishes, they may access their reserved STX inside the wallet. At that point, Miami may use its treasury for whatever it deems fit and compliant.

What can MiamiCoin holders do with their coins?

Read Less
Read More

Anyone can mine MiamiCoin, program MiamiCoin via smart contracts, and even earn BTC from the protocol as it gets more usage. MiamiCoin is a new way for developers to create applications and experiment with innovative use cases.

Developers can create apps that use MiamiCoin for access control (to digital or physical spaces), trading, lending, smart contract execution, and much more.


How do you get MiamiCoin?

Read Less
Read More

MiamiCoin launched and the contract is active! Miners can compete to mine MiamiCoin by forwarding STX to a Stacks smart contract, at which point the block winner will be chosen at random weighted by the amount of STX forwarded.